Clubs & Organizations
Joining a club in Bentwater or participating in an organized Bentwater event provides a great way to promote a sense of community and meet new people!
A community of wonderful homes in beautiful settings is the physical side of Bentwater. What makes our community a very special place to live is the variety of clubs, events, and activities available. These are not simply amenities provided by the management. They are the heart and soul of Bentwater. Our residents and member organizations founded them, for the most part manage them, and fill the membership rosters. These are our clubs and activities, in every sense of the word. So, if you don’t see one that embraces your hobby, your avocation, your interest or area of volunteerism, you can easily fix that; just put together your own group of like-minded residents.
- Amen Chorus – A group of Bentwater neighbors that enjoy worship and fellowship. They sing at various events around Bentwater and neighboring communities. Contact Keith Ann Gearn at [email protected]
- ChordBusters – Share your singing voice with this joyful, fun loving, well known singing group. The ChordBusters practice every Tuesday from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Cay Eckland’s house. We sing barbershop style harmony and are always looking for new members. Cay Eckland – (936) 647-2288 or [email protected]
- Bridges & Canasta – Register by calling the Country Club at (936) 597-6219 or on the Country Club website www.bentwater.com When registering, indicate your preference of bridge or canasta. Lessons are available upon request.
- BLO Ladies Bridge – Members play bridge with other Bentwater Ladies. They meet the 2nd Tuesday of every month at the Country Club. Contact – Anne Davis (713) 826-0509.
- Mah Jong – international version – Marilyn Fellers at (936) 597-7987
- Bentwater Bowling League -Neil Thomas at email [email protected]
- Bentwater Volunteer Families – Membership to the BVF is open to all Bentwater families with children between the approximate ages of 11 to 18 residing in Bentwater. Each teenage member is expected to complete 20 hours of philanthropic service, attend 5 leadership development meetings and attend one cultural event annually. Parents are expected to accompany their teenage children in their activities with the BVF. Contact Tracy Hird for more information at [email protected]
- Kamp Bentwater – Contact the Bentwater Country Club for more information
- Marina’s Fishing Camp – Contact the Bentwater Country Club for more information
- Summer Junior Gold Camp – Contact the Bentwater Country Club for more information
- Summer Junior Tennis Camp – Contact the Bentwater Country Club for more information
(all handled thru www.Bentwater.com)
- Bentwater Fitness Center
- Bentwater Day Spa & Salon
- Antiques Club
- Garden Club
- Needle & Tea Association – Bentwater Ladies Organization members meet in member homes from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm on the third Wednesday of each month to engage in various needle-working projects. Light refreshments are served.
- Corvette Club – email for more information [email protected]
- Guest Villas
- Bentwater Civic Association
- North Shore Republican Women
- Montgomery County Food Bank – The Bentwater Property Owners Association office at 170 Hillsborough Drive West is a collection station in Bentwater for Montgomery County Food Bank donations. Bring staples you want to donate to the food bank and we will get them there. www.mc-foodbank.org
- Conroe/North Montgomery County Recycle Center – 936-539-7911 M-F 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Bentwater Ladies Organization (BLO) – This group meets the second Monday of each month (not in June, July, and August). They have a myriad of special events and activities throughout the year.
- Men of Bentwater -Men of Bentwater (also affectionately known as the “MOB”). This is a group of men organized exclusively to promote social fellowship for men of the Bentwater community. The organization sponsors 10 meetings a year (we do not meet in July & August) with programs of varying items and topics of interest. Most of our meetings are luncheon meetings held the third Wednesday of the month at the Yacht Club. We also occasionally hold evening dinner meetings based on interest and for those who are unable to attend luncheon meetings. Past speakers have included national and local political leaders, our congressman, business and industry executives, a Congressional Medal of Honor recipient, a former astronaut, the chief meteorologist for TV Channel KHOU11, successful area sports coaches, golf pros, retired CIA operatives, and many others. We sponsor 2 golf events each year. We have special events throughout the year including an Oktoberfest celebration at Park in The Meadows. In the past we have sponsored bus trips to Astro’s baseball games. We normally close out the year with a very special Christmas meal with our wives or significant other which features musical entertainment. This gives you a sampling of our activities and we would like very much for you to become a member of our group. Annual dues are $25.00. Contact [email protected]